4 July 2014

weekend wandering - Brazilian natural design

All eyes are on Brazil right now. But along with exciting World Cup action I'm also looking at home design, and I'm wowed by this serene, simple and nature-inspired home on the coast.
natural home design
I love that its simplicity- white walls, polished concrete floors - allows natural elements to take centre stage. Old wood beams, trim and doors add warmth and character, and vintage/handmade furnishings and art stand out and tell a story.
Brazilian home design

modern rustic home design
The indoor-outdoor flow is wonderful, and though it may be harder to achieve here in Canada, gives us ideas on how to position doorways and windows that face gardens, sunlight and patios in order to extend our living into natural surroundings.
natural home design

natural design
modern rustic bathroom

I don't know about you, but I'm cheering for Brazil!

All photos by Matthew Williams via Elle Decoration South Africa and Elle Decoration UK.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!