1 September 2014

natural home: old schoolhouse apartment

This home, spotted on Architectural Digest, is so lovely it made me stop and be still for a moment.

It has such lovely old brick bones, and living spaces that connect to the outdoors, which I think is so important for the soul. Inside, the painted white brick, multitude of sunlight, and lots of living green plants (check out that climber!) creates a peaceful home in which to relax and breathe deeply. The books and interesting objects displayed on built-in shelving throughout the home add a personal element that is interesting and makes the uncluttered space feel warm and inviting.

All of this serene beauty wrapped into sustainable principles through reclaiming an old schoolhouse instead of building new.

natural home

living space extended outdoors

natural home

natural home decor


Worth a pause, don't you agree? More photos over at AD.

2 comments :

  1. I love how the ceilings of this place are so high. It just opens up the space and makes the living room so much more inviting. That and the way that the shelves are so neatly arranged to tie the room together. As an estate agent, I'm sure I'd have tonnes of customers who would be interested in a house as well put together as this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!